NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super
NVIDIA's RTX 2080 Super is everything we expected: A slightly faster, but not mind blowing, upgrade over the original card. At $700, it gets you near the performance of the high-end RTX 2080 Ti. But most gamers would find more value in the cheaper 2060 and 2070 Super cards.
- Slightly faster than the RTX 2080 for the same price
- Solid 1440p and 4K performance
- A better $700 option than Radeon VII
- NVIDIA's mid-range Super cards are a better value
- Still waiting on more ray tracing games to justify the high cost
GeForce RTX 2080 Super
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 82AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsAnandTech80NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super Review: Memories of the FutureIt’s still very much NVIDIA’s market, but the fact that we’re even talking about a refreshed RTX 2080 card means that things have changed, and that they’ve changed for the better.Tom's Hardware80High-Res Gaming at a Premium PriceThe GeForce RTX 2080 Super is faster than the GeForce RTX 2080 it replaces, and Nvidia’s own implementation costs $100 less than the old Founders Edition model. As a result, the Super model offers substantially better performance per dollar. Just be ready to pay a still-expensive $700 and cope with warmer temperatures.PC Mag80Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 SuperIt doesn't deliver quite the performance leap that Nvidia's other RTX Super cards do, but the GeForce RTX 2080 Super is a strong 4K gaming graphics card that improves on the original while keeping its price in check.Eurogamer90Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super review: evolution, not revolutionA more substantial 'price cut' on the RTX 2080 Super would have gone a long way, but even with prices as they are, it does enough to efficiently see off Radeon 7 at the same price and beyond that, Nvidia's only other competition is itself.TechRadar80Supercharging the GeForce RTX 2080The Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super is a more powerful graphics card than its predecessor, but the performance increase isn't enough to blow your mind. Still, it may convince people with older models to jump into the modern age of graphics cards.IGN80Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super ReviewNvidia's RTX 2080 Super is a very mild upgrade from the previous card, but at least it's not more expensive.Bjorn3D90Nvidia Releases The BeastThe RTX 2080 SUPER is a great replacement for the outgoing RTX 2080, but also one of the three models which marked a shift in RTX price/performance.HotHardware80NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super Review: More Bang For The BuckThe GeForce RTX 2080 Super doesn’t shake up the line-up quite as significantly as its little brothers, but it does offer more performance per dollar, and that’s always a good thing.PC Gamer80NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super ReviewThe GeForce RTX 2080 Super has the fastest clocked GDDR6 we've seen so far. It's only slightly faster than the 2080 it replaces, without the Founders Edition shenanigans.PC Perspective80GeForce RTX 2080 Super Review: Minor Bump, Better ValueI was a little underwhelmed by this launch after the excitement of the previous SUPER cards and AMD’s Navi already this month ... but the modest gains and more attractive pricing with RTX 2080 SUPER vs. Founders Edition and similar aftermarket designs does make this a good launch for consumers. Just not as big as RTX 2060/2070 SUPER was.