Samsung Galaxy S7
Another year, another Galaxy S. While the new S7 isn't as dramatic a departure for Samsung as the S6 was, it benefits immensely from a year's worth of refinement. It's more powerful, not to mention even more beautiful than the S6, but Samsung hasn't attained perfection just yet. That said, the company has come pretty damned close: A more consistent camera and more modest power consumption would have made this great phone one for the history books.
- Improved style and ergonomics
- Top-tier performance
- Beautiful screen
- It's (mostly) waterproof!
- Camera can be a mixed bag
- Slightly underwhelming battery
- SIM/microSD tray is flimsy
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 89AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsThe Wall Street Journal90Samsung Galaxy S7 Review: Head of the Smartphone CSamsung got out in front of the virtual reality race with the Gear VR. The Galaxy S7 should have given us a bigger dose of the future, too.Gizmodo90Samsung Galaxy S7 Review: Inching Toward PerfectioThis phone is the closest Samsung—or any other phone maker—has ever come to making the perfect smartphone. This is the one to beat.CNET90Samsung Galaxy S7 review: This is the phone to beaThe fast, powerful, beautiful Galaxy S7 phone is 2016's all-around phone to beat.Pocket-Lint80Samsung Galaxy S7 review: The unsung hero?For all its foibles, this unsung hero is a strong addition to the world of smartphones.phoneArena90Samsung Galaxy S7 ReviewThe specs might not be a tremendous upgrade, but at the end of the day, when you want a phone that just works, the Galaxy S7 fits the bill. When we think of a flagship, we envision something that just works flawlessly and without much hassle. This is exactly that!Android Central90Samsung Galaxy S7 review: The best of all worldsIt's the best design Samsung has brought to bear, big without being bulky, with a mix of specs and usability you'd expect in a phone of this caliber. Combine with that an outstanding camera and you've got a phone that will serve just about anyone.The Verge90SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 REVIEWThe result is that the S7 Edge is easily one of the best phones I’ve ever used, and probably the best Android phone you can buy right now.TechRadar100Samsung Galaxy S7 reviewSamsung has tweaked the winning design from the S6, righted the wrongs of its previous flagships, and made a phone you don't want to put down. The Samsung Galaxy S7 is iterative perfection.Digital Trends70SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 REVIEWThough we prefer the Galaxy S7 Edge because of its larger screen and battery, the standard S7 is an absolutely fantastic phone. It’s a model for what phones will be like this year, and is a safe investment if you want a top-of-the-line Android phone.Stuff100Samsung Galaxy S7 reviewWhere past Galaxy S handsets have felt like a checklist of enviable specs, this device is a complete all-rounder. More than offering you a tremendous processor or bumper battery, the S7 focuses on how these components tally together and whether you’re going to enjoy using them.
More from Samsung
- Our favorite devices from Apple, Google, Bose, Samsung, Jabra and others are all on sale.
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- Millions of phones with Mali GPUs are at risk from exploits months after ARM issued a fix, Project Zero suggests.
- The initiative enables health and fitness apps to share data with each other more easily.