Universal Audio Volt 2
Universal Audio’s Volt 2 is an excellent budget interface. But it’s not head-and-shoulders above the competition. Vintage mode emulates the classic US 610 preamp using actual analog hardware, instead of software and it’s capable of capturing incredibly low noise recordings. There are plenty of similarly capable interfaces at the same price point, however, and some that are even slightly cheaper.
- Vintage mode adds character
- Low noise
- Better latency than the competition on Windows
- Slightly pricer than similar devices
- Software bundle is mediocre
- No blend for direct monitoring
Critics - Not yet scored
Users - Not yet scored
Apple iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max review: Just different enough
Apple iPhone 14 review: Not an upgrade year for most
More from Universal Audio
- At $400 they're not cheap, but still cost quite a bit less than the vintage amps they're emulating.
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?