Apparently we're not the only ones feeling befuddled at the PS3's relative absence from CES. after Sony had previously indicated a possible spring launch, analysts now believe that the Blu-ray/dual 1080p powerhouse from Japan will launch as late as November in the US. Couple that with rumors of hardware problems, the possibility that what we have seen so far is only a concept design, and you've got some very anxious gamers.
Delays or no delays, we are definitely looking forward to the PS3 launch, it will probably be the cheapest source of 1080p content for anyone with a TV that supports it, probably the cheapest Blu-ray player available and almost certainly a monster of a games machine.
Heres to hoping Sony brings something better to show and tell at E3.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25