According to GamesIndustry.biz, "DICE's board of directors has unanimously agreed on a joint merger plan" with Battlefield publisher EA.
If all goes well, Digital Illusions CE will become fully owned by the largest 3rd-party publisher in the world when stockholders meet and vote on the measure May 24th. EA already owns two-thirds of the company's shares.
Like any large company, EA has bought smaller competitors like Criterion and important industry players like Jamdat to buy its way into new markets and franchises, so this is nothing new. We simply wish DICE the best in the future (with hopefully few future layoffs because of this deal).
- EA to complete DICE takeover--GameSpot's take on the same story
- What investors think of EA today
- Ubisoft would consider EA takeover, if price was right
- EA assimilates cell games provider Jamdat
- Mod group turn pro, get fired
- EA makes 5% of its workforce an offer they can't refuse
- Key specs
- Reviews • 75
- Game format Optical disc
- Drive capacity 40 GB
- Controller type Wired
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs RCA / composite
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Dimensions 3.07 x 11.85 x 182 in
Sony PlayStation Portable PSP-2000
Microsoft Xbox 1st-gen
Microsoft Xbox 360
Microsoft Xbox One