We knew that FCK (as it's affectionately known in the gaming community) was having some problems -- with multiple delays stemming from poor graphics and inadequate content -- but most 360 owners expected the game to come out one way or another sometime later this year.
If you're a member of the Frame City Underground (the official fan community for the game), a pretty clear announcement in English has already been made. Check out the full text below. FCK ... we'll miss you.
[Thanks, murph, Blue_Six, & a tipster who'd like to remain anonymous; via Evil Avatar & GameFront]
- Original Japanese announcement page; Google auto-translation
- Frame City Killer missing until summer at the very least
- Namco responds to criticism, sends Frame City Killer back to the lab
- Frame City Underground official announcement (must log in for it)
NEWS - 25 FC$
Frame City Killer Cancelled
Posted on May 12, 2006 11:05am EDT
A message from NAMCO:
Thank you for your support for the past year on Frame City Killer. Unfortunately, we have some disappointing news - due to unforseen issues in the development, we have made the decision to cancel the game. We appreciate all the enthusiasm you have shown on our project, and hope that you will keep your eyes out for our future projects. NAMCO BANDAI Games America is invested in delivering great games, and hope to work with you again in the future.
NAMCO BANDAI Games America Marketing Team
...more news on the community to come shortly...
- Key specs
- Reviews • 365
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03