An astute observation by x360Central (and a few readers as well) points out the absence of online gameplay and matchmaking from Sony's "Basic Community Services." These were outlined at E3 last week, but we never explicitly heard about the former features.
This brings up the flamebait regarding the Sony online platform and similarities to Xbox Live. Should they choose to leave out free multiplayer after all, then it would reduce the PlayStation Network Platform to a musty spin-off of Xbox Live Silver.
Sony has stated that they plan on giving gamers free online gameplay though, so until they come out saying that they will definitely charge for it, let's keep that in mind. This will be an interesting issue to watch develop as we get closer to the launch date.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One