In the latest issue of EGM, Guitar Hero's resident axman, Marcus Henderson, revealed that we would know the identity of Guitar Hero II's final boss "when it arrives." He gushed, "This is a major, major guitar ass-kicker. It has no less then 11 guitar solos in it." Speculation led one poster on PlayStation Lounge to guess the killer track in question was Megadeth's eleven guitar solo-havin' "Hangar 18" (why not just make it eighteen guitar solos for consistency?).
Guitar Hero II hasn't arrived yet, but we've gone the extra step of putting this two and that two together to get four, and we feel pretty comfortable saying that "Hangar 18" will indeed be the final boss in Guitar Hero II. You see, a now mysteriously absent GameTrailers video titled "Staying on Track" had Will Littlejohn, Senior Producer/Mixer at Wavegroup (he records all the songs), revealing that Aerosmith's "Last Child" and Megadeth's "Hangar 18" would be on the sequel, so it's pretty obvious. Of course, fans of the series will recall that Megadeth's "Symphony of Destruction" was "actin' like a robot" on the first installment, so it'll be great to spend some more time with Dave Mustaine & friends. Eleven solos? Sheesh.
Read on for the confirmed songs thus far, including Cheap Trick's "Surrender," accidentally left out of 1UP's list.
[Thanks, monkeydog and Aaron]
- Megadeth; "Hanger 18"
- Aerosmith; "Last Child"
- Cheap Trick; "Surrender"
- Nirvana; "Heart-Shaped Box"
- Primus (original recording); "John the Fisherman"
- Stone Temple Pilots; "Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart"
- Anthrax; "Madhouse"
- Motley Crue; "Shout at the Devil"
- The Police; "Message in a Bottle"
- The Pretenders; "Tattooed Love Boys"
- Spinal Tap; "Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight"
- Heart; "Crazy on You"
- Allman Brothers Band; "Jessica"
- Lynyrd Skynrd; "Freebird"
- Avenged Sevenfold; "Beast and the Harlot"
- Dick Dale; "Misirlou"
- Lamb of God; "Laid to Rest"
- Alice in Chains; "Them Bones"
- Reverend Horton Heat; "Psychobilly Freakout"
- Black Sabbath; "War Pigs"
- KISS; "Strutter"
- Butthole Surfers; "Who Was in My Room Last Night?"
- Van Halen; "You Really Got Me"
- Guns N' Roses; "Sweet Child O'Mine"
- The Rolling Stones; "Can You Hear Me Knocking?"
- Rush; "YYZ"
We've embedded the code that used to point to the aforementioned video, in case it ever makes it way back online. GameTrailers?
- Key specs
- Reviews • 75
- Game format Optical disc
- Drive capacity 40 GB
- Controller type Wired
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs RCA / composite
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Dimensions 3.07 x 11.85 x 182 in