- Find a group of people of varying age, ethnic background, gender, and height.
- Give them all Wiimotes.
- Have them stare into the camera and smile while they wave their arms maniacally.
- If need be, splice footage as a means to explain why people may be shaking their arms maniacally at the screen (else the audience might think these Wiimotes are magically controlling us -- you, sir, will not make a marionette out of me).
You might notice a dichotomy between the groups playing certain games. Wii Sports had a family of players, Excite Truck attracted a teenage audience of male and female. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Twilight Princess, however, were both played by the loner twenty-something male sitting in a dark room. Are you trying to tell us that our 80-year-old Irish albino grandmothers won't get a kick out of wielding two samurai swords in a Yakuza-inspired environment?
Check out the video after the jump.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 330
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19
Nintendo Wii Remote controller