From the article: "The Wii is about rescuing gaming from the clutches of the hard-core young male demographic that has dominated the industry's thinking for years. It is about making video games accessible again by providing a simple, intuitive, relatively inexpensive entertainment experience that an entire family can actually enjoy together. At that, the Wii succeeds admirably."
Schiesel continues, however, by saying that Wii almost certainly won't work as a primary system for hardcore gamers, something Nintendo still hopes to accomplish with the likes of Zeldas and despite their brash differentiation attempts from their traditionally focused competitors. The initial consensus appears to confirm that Wii is indeed fun. But can it consistently deliver the drama that hardcore gamers inevitably seek?
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii console