If we recall, Gears of War came with a 48-hour trial of Xbox Live Gold. What isn't clear from Sandvine's analysis, as reported by ars technica and others, is to what extent this spike is solely from redeemed trials and what was the retention rate for those that tried XBL Gold. That's a statistic, however, we won't officially know until Microsoft decides to gloat. Throw us some numbers, Major Nelson!
Also revealed by Sandvine, Apple's iTunes service garnered a 140-percent surge in traffic; the culprit is suspected to be their recently-unveiled movie download service.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 364
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03