An ABC News report notes the more successful situation in North America, where Sony hit their 1 million unit target, but concludes that the combined results fail to satisfy Sony's desire to ship 2 million consoles worldwide before the end of 2006. Production woes and steep competition from Nintendo's Wii, which sold close to a million units in Japan since early December, are the chief culprits cited.
Sony is expected to release their own shipping estimates soon and warn that there may be discrepancies between their data and the results obtained by Enterbrain.
See also: Japanese hardware sales charts
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25