From the report: "Although Sony is blaming its faltering profits partly on PlayStation 3 price cuts in Japan, a senior executive said Wednesday that further slashing prices may be in store for the just-launched video game machine."
The senior executive in question, Japanese VP Takao Yuhara, said pricing is among the factors being considered to help the company meet its break-even goal by March 31, 2008 but that "no additional price cut has been decided." And though the article seemingly focuses on price strategies specific to the Japanese market, you gotta believe the company is thinking seriously from a global perspective the way things are going.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25