Well that didn't take long - Glen Wolsey caught a private beta sneak peek at Twitterrific 2.0 just two days ago
, and now The Iconfactory has announced a public beta, not surprisingly, via their Twiterrific Twitter account
. This new version includes a veritable landslide of new features, and in addition to the ones we've already mentioned
, here are some highlights of the new goodies (though we highly recommend reading the What's New readme included in the download):
- Twitterrific can now update your iChat/Adium/Skype status using your last tweet. Select the "Update chat status" preference in the configuration panel and the status in all running chat applications will be updated (though note that AIM/iChat apparently only allow a total of 44 characters, including spaces, for available statuses. Away messages don't seem to have this limit though)
- The main window snaps to the edge of the screen
- Tweets can be marked as a favorite by clicking on the tweet's heart icon
- Added Cmd-2 to send a response to the author of the selected tweet
- Added Cmd-D to send a direct message to the author of the selected tweet
- The text of the tweet is no longer truncated. The size of the tweet view adapts to the length of the tweet
- and much, much more!
The Iconfactory hasn't updated their official Twitter product page yet
, so be sure to pick up the new download from this tweet
. A few of us have been using the beta since we heard about it Friday night (thanks again Glenn!), and I can personally say this is a stellar update to what is now quite possibly the best darn Twitter client out there.