AppleTV, Microsoft is still the "only online distributor of major feature films and television programming in high definition resolution." To ensure they keep their lead, and to offer potential 120GB HDD upgraders and Elite console buyers additional incentive to take the plunge, Microsoft is announcing several new content deals.
Paramount Pictures joins the high definition online fray, adding Braveheart, Team America: World Police, World Trade Center and South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut to Microsoft's service. Warner Bros. Home Entertainment also commits, promising to release their direct-to-video films (in HD) on Xbox Live in tandem with the DVD editions. These include Sublime and Babylon 5: The Lost Tales.
Others adding to the growing store of digital content are:
- A&E network -- providing Dog the Bounty Hunter, King of Cars, Driving Force, the disturbing Criss Angel Mindfreak and the even more disturbing Gene Simmons Family Jewels.
- ADV Films -- catering to the anime fans.
- National Geographic -- bringing much needed realism onto your console of digital silliness.
- New Line Cinema -- giving us Snakes on a Plane, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny, "plus top titles including Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me and Magnolia." Apparently, the first few movies are non-top in nature.
- TotalVid -- packed with sports which are decidedly extreme.