Harrison says that the company will continue to focus on the non-typical video game player market, which means don't expect to see any Wii upgrades in the near future. He says, "We're starting to see in the performance of the PS3 and Xbox 360 that that's not necessarily motivating the market the way it used to ... So we're going to start work on future technology only when we believe it's necessary.''
"Necessary" meaning profitable. Sure, the Wii may be two duct-taped Gamecubes, but it's selling strong and raising Nintendo's stock price. In other words, it knows how to print money.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19