Somehow, a near-complete prototype of a standalone PlayStation system has appeared, as reported by Game Rave. They don't give any information, stating "Real updates coming very, very soon" but it's enough to look at the thing. There are also pictures of a much earlier prototype of the SNES CD add-on.
It's a little scary to think of how games may have developed if this product had been successful. Instead of the 3D boom, would we all be playing FMV games now? Or 2D platformers with really good music?
[Via Insert Credit]
- Key specs
- Reviews • 330
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19
Nintendo SNES 1st-gen
Nintendo Super Famicom