While a lot of gamers are apparently very excited by the new lower price for the 60GB PS3, Square Enix's US and Europe President and CEO John Yamamoto is not one of them. In an interview with GamesIndustry.biz, Yamamoto was asked about the recent remarks from Konami president Kazumi Kitue on the slow start for Sony's system. Yamamoto said that $500 for the PS3 is "still a bit expensive for most gamers. Most of them think that price is still high." Yamamoto went on to urge a price cut or Europe, saying €500 might be more appropriate in light of the new U.S. price.
Check out the full interview for Yamamoto's thoughts on oft-delayed European Square games, the strength of the DS and how the new E3 is changing Square's plans.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25