Since we've seen patch 2.2 rolled out on US and EU servers by now, we're starting to get glimpses of what's in store for patch 2.3. So far, Nethaera has confirmed the following:
- Circle of Healing, Prayer of Healing, and Holy Nova (healing side) will receive additional benefit from +damage/healing.
- Circle of Healing's base healing will be reduced, but the amount of benefit it gains from +healing will be increased. (If you have more than 1338 healing, it will heal for more. If you have less than 1338 healing, it will heal for less.) Update: Related, Power Word: Shield's base absorbtion is being reduced for ranks 10, 11, and 12, but the effect of damage/healing gear on it will be increased. Though Nethaera didn't give us exact numbers, I'm hoping this equates to at least a small buff to the ability.
- Pain Suppression being reworked. It will be castable on any friendly target and it will reduce their threat by 5% and reduce their damage taken by 40%. Update: Nethaera clarifies that this reduces the target's current threat and not their threat generation.
- Meditation to be increased from 5/10/15% mana regeneration while in combat to 10/20/30% mana regeneration while in combat.
- A change to the +healing stat to also give healers an amount of +damage. Most recently, Nethaera mentioned that they were considering adding 1/3rd of total +healing on an item as +damage as well (though this could still change). This has to be the change I'm looking forward to more than anything else.
- Unknown changes to spirit to make it a more viable tool for mana regeneration were mentioned at BlizzCon, saying that "The Spirit stat in general will be improved for WotLK."
- Possible changes to the discipline tree to give it more focus. We don't have any detailed information about this, but it was mentioned at BlizzCon. (Says Nethaera: big discipline revamps are likely to come in the expansion.)
- Fear Ward to be "spread around," again, not likely until the expansion.