Sapphiron vs Hakkar
Ragnaros vs. Kel'Thuzad
Illidan Stormrage vs. The Twin Emperors
Princess Huhuran vs. C'Thun
Today, we jump into the first of these titanic battles with the undead frost wyrm Sapphiron vs. the Troll god of Zul'Gurub, Hakkar the Soulflayer. Who shall fall and who shall emerge victorious? Read on to decide for yourself and cast your vote!
In a combat, Sapphiron will use the following abilities:
- Cleave: A standard frontal cleave.
- Icebolt: A ranged frost attack that Sapphiron only uses from the air. It does frost damage to its primary target and stuns them for several seconds as well as splash damage to targets in the vicinity.
- Frost Breath: A very high damage frost AoE that Sapphiron casts from the air before landing.
- Frost Aura: An aura that does frost damage over time to anyone within range.
- Life Drain: A DoT that (surprise!) drains life from the target and heals Sapphiron. (And be warned -- it heals him for more than it hurts you.)
- Blizzard: A frost AoE that slows movement speed if you're caught in it.
- Corrupted Blood: a shadow damage DoT
- Blood Siphon: a channeled spell that stuns the target, does damage, and heals Hakkar for about five times the damage done. Hakkar casts this like clockwork every 90 seconds. (For player raids, the trick is to get poisoned by nearby mobs -- then Hakkar's Blood Siphon will siphon the poison and damage him instead of healing him. Without this, he simply heals too much to be killable.)
- Enrage: after 10 minutes, Hakkar will enrage, greatly increasing his damage output
Both raid mobs can drain the other's life to feed their own health. And while Hakkar Enrages sooner than Sapphiron kicks into super frostbite mode, Sapphiron has more damage abilities. Who will pull victory from the jaws of defeat and who will be heading back to their lair in shame? Cast your vote below and remember, this isn't about level differences so just consider fighting styles. Results will be tabulated next weekend and the winner will move on to the final four.