Hands down, the best recipe in all of World of Warcraft is Savory Deviate Delight. I will hear no arguments or opinions on this. I decided to try making it for dinner. I don't know what happened. All of a sudden there was a loud "Yaaarrr!" And my friend turned into a pirate in a puff of smoke. It was absolutely incredible. Your results may vary.
Savory Deviate Delight is always in demand. It can turn players into a Human pirate or a ninja for an hour. It doesn't really benefit the player in anyway, but who wouldn't want to be a pirate or a ninja. The Savory Deviate Delight Recipe randomly drops in the Barrens. The materials for the in-game version are Deviate Fish which can be caught in pools in the Barrens Oases and Mild Spices which can be purchased from cooking and trade vendors. Wowhead lists auction house buyout prices of 36 gold for the recipe and 63 silver for the individual consumables.
The real-life version is somewhat more complicated than the in-game rendition. Read on for my Savory Deviate Delight recipe. Get it while it's hot!
While there are many fish that can be considered deviates, none are as delicious as salmon.
1 Large Vidalia onion
4 salmon fillets
1/4 cup seafood seasoning
2 inches of oil to fry plus 1 tablespoon
1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
salt and pepper
Louisiana Red Pepper Sauce (with lemon juice)
- Slice onions as thinly as you can and sprinkle the seafood seasoning over the onions.
- Spread the onions in a single layer on a cookie sheet for about 20 to 30 minutes. Drain off the excess juice.
- Mix onion slices with ample enough flour to keep them from sticking together and forming a big lump.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil to 400 degrees and add the onion slices (a few at a time), frying them until golden.
- Remove the onions and drain on paper towels, repeating until all have been fried; set aside.
- Rub fresh garlic into the salmon fillets.
- Salt and pepper the salmon to taste.
- In a skillet heat about 1 Tablespoon of oil over medium heat and cook the salmon for three minutes on each side (or until the salmon is cooked through).
- Place a bed of crispy onion rings in the middle of each plate.
- Top salmon with red pepper sauce.
- Garnish with lemon.
WTB Someone to clean my kitchen.
Special thanks to my lovely model. Really, the transition was amazing!