We're down to the Final Four and have arrived at the most anticipated fight in the series. Tonight, Illidan Stormrage steps into an Arena with the old god C'thun. And the one that steps out alive, will move on to the final match against the Naxxramas end boss, Kel'thuzad. Want to learn more about these two bosses and voice your opinion on who would win in a fight? Keep reading.
- Shear reduces the health of his main target by 60%
- Illidan will occasionally jump into the air and land in a patch of highly damaging blue flame
- Illidan will randomly target players to cast a parasites debuff on, which does shadow damage over time and then summons two parasites to attack the target
- Draw soul does heavy fire damage to targets in front of Illidan and heals Illidan
- Illidan will summon two massive fire elementals, the Flames of Azzinoth
- Every 30 seconds, Illidan will sweep an eye beam across the platform, doing heavy fire damage and leaving a trail of damaging fire behind it
- Illidan shoots fireballs that do splash damage
- Dark Barrage does heavy shadow damage to a random target, though it's rarely cast
For phase 4 (a quick phase, at 30 seconds long), Illidan will unleash the demon within. He turns into a black demon with powerful abilities, but is unable to move. During this phase, he'll cast:
- Shadow blast, a high damage shadow attack with splash damage
- Flame burst, an AoE fire-based DoT that does splash damage
- Aura of dread does a high amount of shadow damage over time as well as increasing the damage taken by shadow spells (stacks)
- Maiev Shadowsong joins the fight -- and though we usually don't consider adds for fights, we're keeping Maiev in this fight because Illidan is just incredibly powerful. (And Maiev would be hunting him down whether he was in the Black Temple or not.)
- Illidan can Enrage, randomly.
- Eye Beam: A nature damage attack that targets a single player, but jumps from the first player to subsequent players in range with increasing damage each jump.
- Dark Glare: An incredibly high damage (read: no player could survive it) shadow attack that sweeps 180 degrees across the room.
- Eye Tentacles: These tentacles spawn at intervals throughout the fight. Individually, they have low health, but they spawn in groups and do a Mind Flay-type spell. (With generally meaner "giant" versions spawning in phase two.)
- Claw Tentacles: These tentacles also spawn at intervals throughout the fight and have low health. However, unlike the Eye Tentacles, these do melee damage. (With generally meaner "giant versions spawning in phase two.)
- Stomach of C'Thun: In phase two, tentacles will swallow players and send them to C'Thun's stomach. As you might imagine, it's not a friendly place, and every few seconds damaging debuffs will stack on anyone inside. There's an easy exit from the stomach, but killing Flesh Tentacles inside the stomach weakens C'Thun, allowing him to be hurt and killed -- so you might want to stick around.
Before you cast your vote below, a reminder: we're considering these two bosses with approximately equal health and approximately equal damage output capabilities. We aren't making this into a math equation of who's got more health than who, so when you cast your vote, cast it on fighting style, not highest level. You're welcome to factor the lore of each character into the equation. %Poll-11961%