This week's big top story was all about Firmware 2.40: its release, initial hiccups, and then getting pulled down. A few people had some significant problems, but the majority saw their shiny new features were running smoothly. For those of you who were able to get this update onto your system, we suggest you start in-game XMBing and grabbing those trophies. For starters, hit up Super Stardust HD and read our guide on how to get those PS3 accolades.
- Everything you need to know about firmware 2.40 "The features to be added in firmware 2.40 represent the biggest jump for PS3 owners, more so than 2.00 released a few months earlier. The key features of the update include the most-wanted things voiced by a majority of PS3 fans."
- Trophy Guide: Super Stardust HD "With 9 Bronze, 6 Silver and 2 Gold Trophies, we're sure this is going to keep many occupied for quite some time. Here's our guide to unlock all the Trophies. Good luck!"
- inFAMOUS (PS3 Fanboy Exclusive)
- Madden NFL 09 (PS3)
- Midnight Club: Los Angeles (PS3)
- Yggdra Union (PSP)
- 2.40 includes hidden PSN Store upgrade Surprises? Oh boy, do I love surprises!
- Confirmed: SOCOM Confrontation gets one month delay One month delays are tolerable.
- DualShock 3's available this Friday in Europe Welcome to the party Europe.
- FIFA Soccer 09 for PS3 will have exclusive game mode Ole, ole ole ole!
- PS3's Cell processor helps locate oil "Ladies and gentlemen, if I say, I am an oilman."
- Report concludes PS3 saved Blu-ray Oh? Seriously, it's not the other way around?
- Rock Band 2 is official and it's coming this year The sophomore effort.
- Sony acknowledges firmware 2.40 problems You've got problems? Let me tell you about problems. Oy.
- Sony already denies PS2 games for PSN Sony flexes their rumor smashing arms.
- 'Devil May Cry series' listed on Capcom PSP release calendar Portable cockiness? We're in.
- Dissidia: Final Fantasy script longer than Crisis Core's Fighting games with more narrative than Action-RPGs?
- More Dissidia: Final Fantasy details from Famitsu Juicy information. We want more!
- PSP sells nearly 2 million in Japan so far for 2008 Behold! Japan's new emperor.
- Sony files trademark, gets XAM'D Sounds like somebody is running out of name ideas.
- Suikoden VI listed, then removed, as a PSP title 108 more reasons to get a PSP.
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 announced Yay for sequels.