Vara Software's fantastic screencasting application, ScreenFlow
, has just been updated to version 1.2. Brett and I have both raved
about ScreenFlow in the past, but the more I use the program, the more I love it. If you are even marginally interested in doing screencasts, you owe it to yourself to give ScreenFlow a shot.
Some of the highlights from version 1.2:
- French and German localization
- Redesigned keyboard modifier display
- You can now copy and paste clips and actions in the same document
- Lasso tool added to the timeline to select groups of clips
- Separate mouse click radar animation for mouse up and down
- General improvements to smoothness and memory usage
You can see the entire list of changes/additions here
. ScreenFlow won the Apple Design Award for Best OS X Leopard Application
and Best OS X Graphics and Media Application
at WWDC 2008
and for good reason -- it is one of the best native Leopard apps that I've come across, taking advantage of Quartz and Core Image to produce stunning results.
ScreenFlow is Leopard only and is $99.99 US for new users. You can download a full-functioning trial program here
(final video will have a watermark until the software is unlocked).