In today's patch, among a host of class changes and other crunchy bits, there are a lot of fixes and alterations to massive PvP, which should make a big difference for the players who have reached level 80 and were looking forward to this feature working properly. We're also interested to see new voice acting for a large number of later quests. The sudden silence after Tortage always did strike us as peculiar.
Complete patch notes follow after the cut.
|Having fun in Conan's homeland? Make sure to check out all of our previous Age of Conan coverage, and stick with Massively for more news from the Hyborian Age!|
* The Catacombs in Tarantia Nobel district offers a host of new quests and encounters to challenge you in this group instance.
* Dark Meditation will now properly expire.
* Dark Meditation should now be removed from the spell list after untraining feats.
* The description for the general feat Purge no longer refers to multiple targets.
* The feat "Purge" has been renamed to "Spell - Purge".
* Mirrored Iron's proc, Set's Shield, now hits using the correct damage type based on the Magic Rating buff running.
* Mirrored Iron's proc, Set's Shield, has had its damage readjusted to the proper amount.
* Ambush ability will no longer increase the damage of the next strike.
* Mountaineer feat's decrease to the duration of the Bruised Body debuff has been changed from 50%/100% to 45%/90% per respective rank.
* Mountaineer feat's decrease to the duration of the Broken Bones debuff has been changed from 25%/50% to 30%/60% per respective rank.
* Quick Dismount will not go on cooldown unless you are mounted.
* Cheat the Reaper will now work 25%/50% of the time per respective feat point spent.
* Cheat the Reaper can now only activate once every 5 minutes.
* Brutal Enraging Wound and Enraging Wound will now always tick 3 times.
* Brutal Enraging Wound now displays the proper damage over time value in the combo tool tip.
* Spell damage will now properly trigger Cunning Deflection.
* Grim Corruption I's debuff will now stack with the other Grim Corruption debuffs.
* Grim Corruption will now debuff Unholy and Poison Invulnerabilities by 5% at each rank.
* All the Savage Rage combos now use the same animation as Savage Rage IV.
* Impale's cooldown has been increased to 40 seconds.
* Impale's bonus damage will now scale consistently with feat points invested.
* Aspects - Blood Fever, Skulk, and Untamed Regeneration will no longer be removed after zoning.
* Claws of Life will no longer be removed after zoning.
* Spirits of the Debased proc buff now uses the proper icon in the buff GUI.
* Spirit Totem: Profane will now always give Unholy Invulnerabilities with each rank of Spirits of the Debased trained.
* Conquest's bonus to One-Handed weapon damage has been increased across all ranks.
* Deep Wounds will now stack properly.
* Deep Wounds' proc rate has been slightly increased.
* Deep Wounds now displays a stack count in the target's debuff GUI.
* Deep Wounds' DPS has been increased slightly.
* Feint Attack I will no longer scale past Feint Attack II at any level.
* Frostbite will now debuff magical damage in addition to melee damage.
* Frostbite will now have an additional larger debuff component versus PvP targets on top of the normal debuff.
* Frostbite's chance to apply off of a Hoarfrost proc has been doubled.
* Hail of Furious Strikes II will no longer scale past Hail of Furious Strikes III at any level.
* Lacerate will now proc off all non-unarmed melee attacks.
* Lacerate's proc rate has been slightly increased.
* Lacerate now displays a stack count in the target's debuff GUI.
* Lacerate's DPS has been increased slightly.
* Lingering Wrath's damage has been slightly reduced.
* Lingering Wrath will now always tick 5 times.
* Offhand Precision's bonus has been doubled at all ranks. It will now increase Offhand Chance by 2%/4%/6%/8%/10% per respective rank.
* Rend Flesh's duration has been increased to 15 seconds. The cooldown has also been increased to 1 minute.
* Rend Flesh's damage over time effect will now last 5 seconds.
* Rend Flesh now displays a stack count in the target's debudff GUI.
* Rend Flesh's damage over time effect will now scale better with more feat points invested.
* Improved Rend's direct damage hit will now scale better with more feat points invested.
* Two-Handed Master's bonus to Two-Handed weapon damage will now scale more consistently.
* Renamed Auras & Battle Crys, and included level up info in descriptions.
* The name of the feat "Spell - Dooming Presence" has been changed to "Combo - Dooming Presence", since it actually does grant a combo and not a spell.
* Pact of Malacodor should now be removed from the spellbook after untraining feats.
* Reaper of Malacodor should now be removed from the spellbook after untraining feats.
* Covenant of Arms will no longer be removed after zoning if you have the appropriate feat.
* Chaotic Blast's damage component can now perform critical hits.
* Demonic War will no longer be removed when zoning.
* Guard I will no longer scale past Guard II at any level.
* Lowered the damage of Stagger I slightly.
* Increased the damage of Stagger II slightly.
Herald of Xotli
* Undying Glory of Xotli should no longer be removed when zoning.
* Fixed a tool tip issue causing the wrong information to be displayed in the Burning Words feat.
* Despoil the Soul will now show the proper duration when viewing the tool tip of the spell.
* Despoil the Soul duration has been increased to 1 hour.
* Spellweaving buff 'Death God' duration has been reduced to 20 seconds.
* The cabal debuff will now use the proper icon in the target's debuff window.
Priest of Mitra
* Armor of Faith will no longer be removed by Hand of Mitra.
* Incapacitating Stabs I will never scale past Incapacitating Stabs II at all levels.
* Marked Target will now stack properly when 2 points are invested in the feat.
* Piercing Stance, Shattering Stance, Sniper Stance, and Fire Stance will no longer be removed when zoning if the appropriate feat is trained.
* Shattering Shots will now properly remove the directional shielding in the target GUI.
* Immolation should work more consistently.
Tempest of Set
* Lightning Cast will now properly put Lightning Strike on a 5 second cooldown.
* A book in your offhand will no longer spin during attack animations.
* The attack at the end of a charge can no longer be aborted.
* Transitions between 2H-attacks for male & female characters should feel smoother.
* The male UP-attack animation for staves should now work correctly.
* Charge, Ursine Rush, Impale (Guardian), Stunning Charge, and Hellstep can no longer be used while Hidden.
* Melee pets will now do splash damage.
* Knockback should have a proper animation again.
* Using an ability while charging (such as Cunning Deflection) should no longer lock up your movement.
* You should no longer be able to damage or heal dead targets with spells or combos.
* Fixed a cause of sliding during combat.
* Initiating chat with an NPC while performing attacks will now stop your attack animation as intended.
* You can no longer de-apprentice while in combat.
* If the attacking guild takes over a battlekeep, any city guards that are left will now despawn.
* Players can now only spawn a ballista while the city is vulnerable to attack.
* Catapult progress bar no longer shows Trebuchet Blast.
* Once the siege battle is finished, the siege weapons and siege camps will now be properly disposed of.
* Ballista siege weapons will no longer cycle between all targets they have. They will use the last target instead, making them more useful in combat.
* If you get teleported out of a battle you will now end up in the nearest NPC village of the connecting resource and building playfield, instead of ending up in the nearest city.
* The siege camp in Burnheim which previously spawned at the wrong location will now spawn at the proper location.
* It's now possible to get a replaced siege targeting module if you lost one. Simply target the weapon and press the use button to get a replacement.
* Only the defending guild can talk to the ballista builder NPCs.
* The siege camps will now give a message when they are used when the city isn't vulnerable.
* Player city guards are now friendly to the guild that owns the city.
* Siege Weapons should no longer fail to initialize properly.
* Ballista NPCs should always spawn when the city becomes vulnerable.
* Vendors should no longer spawn if the vulnerability window opens when the building has just finished being built.
* Members of the attacking guild should no longer get teleported out of the instance when zoning into a siege that is already in progress.
* Siege Weapons should no longer report that the target is out of range when it's not out of range. A different error message will appear if the siege weapon was unable to fire at the target for some reason.
* Massive PvP city NPCs should only be usable by the owners of the city.
* Defending players in a siege will no longer get points for character kills.
* Time left in the siege battle before it ends will now display correctly in Score window.
* If no guild applies for a battle queue before the 24h prior to the siege are over, that battle queue will be locked and no guild will be assigned the Attacker role.
* Mammoth Sweep and Rhino Sweep damage increased and changed to Siege damage to properly damage buildings.
* The Barracks in Player Cities will now spawn the correct amount of guards after being upgraded.
* Only the guild that owns the city will be able to use the NPCs inside their city.
* Renamed some player city feats to be in line with the names of the buildings.
* Barracks should now always show up in the guild feats window after being built.
* Sunsteel Half-plate Vambraces now have the proper full-plate requirement to wear, and can no longer be worn by everybody.
* Basic and Advanced Riding Training items will properly be comsumed on use.
* Pyramid of the Ancients: The essence trap can now only be used within the pyramid.
* Rhino Charge should no longer go on cooldown unless successfully activated.
* Due to popular demand, we've forced some of our female Derketo followers to burn their bras.
* Tavern patrons in the Armsmans Tavern should no longer play strange animations.
* Deli in the Pyramid of the Ancients now looks poor, and possibly insane.
* Spiders will no longer jump back several feet when getting hit.
* Travel NPCs should offer correct dialog options for travel.
* New and updated loot has been placed in the Catacombs!
* Acheronian Ruins - The Pict Bat Shrieker will now patrol with pets. If attacked, he will keep spawning pets so that he always has 3 pets with him. If he leaves combat, he and his pets will resume patrolling.
* Acheronian Ruins - - All picts now have a specified class, and fitting weapon to this class. Added more mobs.
* Conarch Village - Removed a loop from Rhiderch, and Ryarm's dialog.
* Commander Zoria's costume and weapons have been revamped.
* Kalanthes will no longer stand on chairs in his house.
* Kyllikki's Crypt - The White Hand Priests will now use their healing and damage abilities.
* Lacheish Plains - Screamer Wolf, Wailer Wolf, Baying Wolf, and Whimpering Wolf NPCs now have the proper death and attack animations.
* Oasis of Zaara - Lions are no longer easy to defeat.
* Pyramid of the Ancients - The Master Torturer will no longer spawn multiple times in a row.
* Tarantia Noble District - Lady Verde's Bodyguard now looks the same both when seen on the outside and the inside of the villa.
* Tarantia Sewers/Catacombs - Putharjath should now have more interresting abilities.
* Treasury of the Ancients - Corrected a typo in Thuthmekri's dialog.
* White Sands Isle - Asapon will now correctly spawn at all times outside the Atlantean Cave.
* Khopshef Province: Hamadi should now patrol correctly at all times.
* Khopshef Province: Hidden Bandits will now dual wield.
* Khopshef Province: "Fine Potions" Merchant Nekhbet is now easier to interact with.
* Some bosses were using combos they weren't supposed to. This has been fixed.
* Traders in Conarch Village and elsewhere should always be available for use.
* Additional Voiceacting for the following quests:
o Conarch Village:
+ Every Strong Arm
+ Clans at War
o Conall's Valley:
+ An Impending Attack
+ Chaos in the Fortress
+ Mayhem in the Fortress
+ Decimate the Warhost
o Old Tarantia:
+ The Wrong Kind of Message
+ The Woman Who Never Died
o Wild Lands of Zelata:
+ Tearing the Veil
+ Immortal Acheron
+ The Raided Tomb
+ The Satiated Serpent
o Khopshef Province:
+ A Plea for Prophecy
+ Sneaking Suspicions
+ Lord Atum-Kheket
+ Emerald Eyes
o Eiglophian Mountains:
+ A Broken Bloodline
+ The Blood-Furred Best
+ Elina's Father
+ A Daughter's Revenge
+ White Hand Officers
o Field of the Dead:
+ Death to the Vanir
+ The Ymirish Bearlock
+ Lieutenant Rhor
+ Lieutenant Haken, Karras & Vorr
+ Tabbot and the Scounts
+ The Wolf Dream
+ The Curse of the Werewolves
+ Den of Wolves
+ A Curious Encounter
o Atzel's Approach:
+ The Giant Killings
+ Against the Giant Chief
+ Hard Evidence
+ Trail to the Dragon's Lair
+ The Stygian Diary
+ Lift the Curse of Constantius
+ Master of the Silver Peacock
+ Ibis, Master of Hidden Secrets
+ Master of Gargoyles
o Thunder River:
+ A Steep Cliff
+ Heads of the Fallen
+ Turning Point
+ Absolute War
* Atzel's Fortress: Kidnapping & Torture - Any leftover Flasks of Oily Pitch will be removed when you complete this quest.
* Atzel's Approach: Revenge of the Ape God - This is now a group quest.
* Atzel's Approach: Power Behind the Throne - Item "Orders with the Mark of Set" no longer tells the player to right click on it to get a quest.
* Conarch Village: The Downtrodden - Croiss will no longer confuse a sword with an axe.
* Khemi: The Guardian statue will no longer send you into a dialog loop.
* Kheshatta: The Grim Grey God - You will now reset to the location where you zoned in if you log out in the instance.
* Kheshatta: The Grim Grey God - Sarcophagi and pedestals will have a progress bar when they're being used.
* Kheshatta: Heady Kaphil Liquor - The flowers to be collected now have visual effects to help identify them.
* Kheshatta: Hunting the Waste - Weapons for this quest will now have a visual effect.
* Old Tarantia: The Aquilonian ******* - Fixed the dialogue so that the quest resolves if and only if the player has actually told Varinia about her husband's infidelity.
* Pyramid of the Ancients - The teleport altar behind Lord Atum-Keket will now be visible at all times.
* Pyramid of the Ancients - Solving the quest "Emerald Eyes" will actually give emerald eyes to the Guardian Statue.
* Tarantia Sewers: The Orphans in the Hovel - Quest now updates for the entire party after talking to Galeria.
* Thunder River: The Kitten - The cat now correctly patrols and eventually despawns.
* Wild Lands: Old Secrets - The password has been corrected in the quest journal.
* Kheshatta: Wanted , The Blasphemer - Ashka should now spawn correctly.
* Khopshef Province: The Slave Rebellion - The cage key will now drop correctly.
* Khopshef Province: Blessed Caves - Anata's Key should no longer remain in the player's quest inventory.
* Khopshef Province: Trapped by Lions - We have added a few new, interesting encounters. In addition, Lisimba now moves a bit quicker. The quest is now level 21 to reflect the surrounding mobs.
* Tortage Underhalls: Players will now be able to re-enter Raboz's Cell after finishing the quest Gone with the Wine, but before starting on the quest Ruins and Demise.
* If you go linkdead while in the middle of a random encounter at a resource node, you will now be able to log back in with time to prepare before your next random encounter.
* Fixed a small typo that occured in an onscreen message when harvesting is interrupted.
* Vendor bought resources have been reduced in price.
* Added and adjusted drop rates of leather resources to animals residing in the Resource & Building playfields.
* Droprate for all Wild Lands of Zelata animals have increased.
* Droprate of Wild Dagga has been slightly increased in the world.
* Several collision fixes in Massive PvP Battlekeep playfields.
* Corrected a few areas where players could previously get stuck in the Tarantia Noble District.
* Conalls Valley night time environment has been altered to brighten the playfield slightly.
* Descriptions for Bandaging, Fast Healing, Mana Attractor, and Fast Recovery have been tweaked to be more consistent with actual function.
* Added descriptions to a few of the more obscure potions in Hyboria.
* The Combo Sequence Indicator should no longer get stuck when failing to complete a combo.
* Hide my helmet/cloak options should work again.
* Improved GUI Modifications to support the new PvP Consequence System.
* Corrected the names of some chat channels to be more accurate. Added a few new chat channels.
* The PVP XP bar can be toggled on and off. (Interface -> HUD)
* Floating healing numbers over the character's head are back.
* Fixed weird messages when teleporting in the massive PvP playfields.
* The optional GUI component Combat Rose will now react to every keypress in a fight instead of just the first one.
* Players can now use /<channelname> to talk to different channels.
* Items will no longer show +0.0 to any stats.
* A cause of flickering icons has been corrected.
* Fixed an issue with building model requirements failing when the models were stacked in your inventory.
* Crafted items will now display the "created by" name. (NOTE : This is a work in progress)
* Removed the Miss Chance from Shield of the Risen.
* You will no longer be zoned after speaking to a Feat Fixer.
* Several combat related animation issues - such as sheathing and unsheathing spears, holding swords - have been tweaked.
* Added a male animation for the dance_sexy_f emote, and renamed it to dance_sexy.
* Many typos corrected in quests and dialog.
* Fixed a case when the game stopped running after restoring from minimized state.
* Some assertion failure, memory leak, and crash causes were addressed.
* Black Castle: Player zoning rotation from Khopshef Province has been fixed.
* Voiceovers should no longer continue to play when you zone into another playfield.
* Shield of the Risen no longer displays its particle effects on hidden players (unless they're on your team)
* Typing /channelname followed by a space and no other text in chat will no longer crash the client.
* You will not be charged for resetting your skills unless the skill value is >= 150
* Zoning from Black Castle to Khopshef Province will now show the Epic Mode selection box.
* Fixed an issue where single player playfields would not reset.
* The'Out Of Disk Space' error should be fixed.
* Falling very large distances will no longer make you end up standing in mid-air.
* Tortage: Fixed lighting in the Thirsty Dog Inn.