Unlike Genius in iTunes on your Mac/PC, Genius on the iPod touch doesn't connect to Apple's servers and exchange information (however, it may download an indexing file of sorts from iTunes on your computer). You can create a Genius playlist on the iPod touch using 2 methods:
- While playing a song, tap once on the artwork, then tap on the genius button (in the middle of the pop-up toolbar)
- Tap on "Playlists" on the bottom toolbar and select "Genius"
- Save - this button allows you to save your current Genius playlist
- New - tapping this button will create a new Genius playlist (you must specify a new song to analyze)
- Refresh - tapping on this button will refresh the current playlist, replacing any old songs with new ones