Moore confesses that Microsoft "had a tough time getting [the old] Rare back," stating that it was "trying all kinds of classic Rare stuff" and that "the industry had past Rare by." He acknowledges that, "It's a strong statement, but what they were good at, new consumers didn't care about anymore," adding that, "It was tough because they were trying very hard to try and recreate the glory years of Rare, which is the reason Microsoft paid a lot of money for them."
He calls Rare "great people," but feels that "their skillsets were from a different time and a different place and were not applicable in today's market." We don't know, Pete – people seem to like Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise just fine.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 365
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03