- "It will be a standalone disc sold in stores in boxes next Fall. It's also going to include some multiplayer maps."
- "It is a first-person shooter still ... It's not a squad-based shooter."
- "As an ODST, compared to playing as in invulnerable Spartan, you are going to have to sort of pick and choose your encounters a little bit differently."
- "It is going to very much feel like Halo. Full feature parity."
Concerning the size of the expansion and the price, Jarrard revealed that Recon isn't likely to be released as DLC and will be "value-oriented." Finally, the game has "full feature parity" with Halo 3, including Forge (with some new features) and multiplayer. So, in other words, we imagine dual-wielding and all that good stuff will still feel the same. Multiplayer, by the way, will still be standard Halo 3 multiplayer.
Finally, Recon is not the only project being worked on at Bungie, with Jarrard noting that it is being developed by a relatively small team of a "bunch of elders" that have had a hand in the series from the beginning. Head over to Joystiq for more details.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 500 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs HDMI
- Released 2013-11-22