Are you happy? Are you so happy that you're Very Happy? You would be, if you had some Delicious Chocolate Cake. This cake is so fabulous that it's even listed by The Chocolate Cake Church. And now, this delectable delight is your ticket to some very tasty achievements, in game with the Echoes of Doom (patch 3.0.2). Make this cake out of game, while you make this cake in game – you can have your cake and eat it, too.
When Delicious Chocolate Cake was introduced a year ago, nobody could figure out what the one-hour Very Happy buff was all about. For a while, it rumored to increase xp gain. Players eventually determined the effect was simply a vanity buff, including a few happy-fun fireworks, a smoke rocket and the infamous one-hour Very Happy buff.
But the cake is not a lie. User Snuggly over on wowhead.com points out that Delicious Chocolate Cake, which can now be purchased from Misensi in Dalaran for three Dalaran Cooking Awards, is a necessary ingredient for quite a few achievements. (More details, after the break.)
Use: If you spend at least 5 seconds eating you will become Very Happy for 1.00 hour.
Recipe: Delicious Chocolate Cake
Requires Simple Flour (8), Ice Cold Milk (4), Mild Spices (4), Small Egg (8), Flask of Port, Mageroyal (3)
Our version of Delicious Chocolate Cake comes from Karen Walrond, a former Weblogs Inc. blogger and producer and the creative genius behind the fabulous photoblog Chookooloonks.
Delicious Chocolate Cake
1 18.25-oz. package chocolate cake mix (look for words like "triple," "fudge" and "supermoist")
1 3.9-oz. package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup hot water
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (Ghirardelli FTW!)
This is an extremely straightforward encounter, even if you're not Baking specced. While it does call for equipping a Bundt pan, you could probably improvise if this item hasn't dropped for you yet.
- Buff the raid group. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Position the raiders. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, hot water, sour cream and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into Bundt pan.
- Unleash full DPS. Bake for 1 hour.
- Prepare loot for distribution. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then invert cake onto wire rack and let cool completely.
Dark Chocolate Glaze
4 oz. semi-sweet dark chocolate
3 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. light corn syrup
1/4 tsp. vanilla
- Get the officers into a private channel. In small, heavy saucepan or microwave oven on medium, melt broken chocolate with butter. Stir frequently until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Come to a consensus; award the loot. Stir in milk, syrup and vanilla. When glaze is cool, pour onto cake. Let glaze run down sides. Chill about 10 minutes to set glaze.