No, it's because in his dignified defense of PlayStation Home's sluggish construction, he reveals a very depressing truth. "We have to make sure that things are born at the right time, that the infrastructures are right and are tested, and that they actually work," he explained. "It's one of the things that PlayStation has been known for - a plug-and-play mentality, rather than a patch-patch mentality." In confessing that the service's extended development period is due to "getting it right" before "getting it out quick," it's apparent that Maguire has been missing out on LittleBigPlanet.
Trust us, Ray, it's flipping brilliant. Don't let the firmware updates, game patches, nebulous moderation or server outages put you off.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25