According to iPhoneHellas.gr, version 2.2 of the iPhone firmware will be made available on November 21. The site says that the tipster is "reliable" but offered few details. Gizmodo calls the site "consistently reliable."
The tipster did say, however, that the update will not contain Greek keyboard support. Rumor has it that the update will contain:
- Street View, public transportation and walking directions for Maps
- An always-visible search field in Safari
- A rating request before you delete an app
- The ability to download podcasts directly to your handset
- Location sharing via email
- Support for Emoji icons
- An option to turn off auto-correction
There is still no word, of course, about the most requested and elusive of options: copy and paste. Gizmodo seems to think that -- if the release date is indeed on the 21st -- the major features of the update have been frozen. Looks like we'll have to wait until 2.3.
[Via O'Grady's PowerPage.]