Though deemed "perfect for the whole family," EA Sports Active also claims to be "designed specifically for women seeking a simple, fun and cost-effective way to achieve a healthy lifestyle." Said lifestyle is achieved through a variety of cardiovascular workouts on a "Fitness roadmap," coaxed along by on-screen feedback and enabled by two Nunchuk-holding leg straps, as well as a resistance band for upper body training. The Wii's Balance Board peripheral will add further functionality to several exercises.
And don't think this is just EA warming up. According to EA Sports president Peter Moore, Active "is a true fitness revolution and a space in which we intend to be leaders." Let's see if the publisher has the stamina to keep up with the runaway success of Wii Fit.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19