Name: Avool's Sword of Jin (Wowhead, Thottbot, WoW-Arsenal)
Type: Epic One-hand Sword
Damage/Speed: 150-280 / 1.50 (143.3 DPS)
- +38 Agility, +36 Stamina
- Improves hit rating by 31 and attack power by 62
- Great sword for Rogues or Hunters, though the method of obtaining it (see below) probably outweighs the actual stats of it, unless you really, really want one. The hit is great, the fact that it can be dual wielded is nice, and the attack power is just icing on the cake.
- Plus, just look at it. If someone is running at you and holding that thing, it's pretty clear they don't want to give you a hug and take you out to dinner. It reminds me of the Kill-O-Zap guns from the Hitchhiker's Guide: "the designers of which decided to make it totally clear that it had a right end, and a wrong end, and if that meant sticking blacked and evil-looking devices and prongs all over the wrong end, so be it."
- And you might be wondering: who is Avool? We have no idea -- while "Jin" and the sword itself seem very Troll-related in nature, we haven't found any reference to anyone named Avool in the lore (personally, it sounds to me like "A fool," so maybe this isn't a real Jin sword). But it's likely some minor Troll deity or hero, and this is his sword of crazy evil.
- Update: Commenter The Mushy says it's named for Vulajin, of the Roguecraft spreadsheet. Good call.
That said, the cost/luck required to get this means it's not exactly required for endgame -- you can pick up nice swords and weapons just like this one in the regular instance drops, and there's one nice alternative in the Badge loot. But none of them are as crazy as this one -- if you want a really scary sword, you'll have to get luck or shell out.
Getting Rid of it: If you haven't equipped it yet, you can sell it on the AH -- prices range from around 2000g up to 4000g depending on supply and demand on your server. Otherwise, it sells back to vendors for 18g 70s 27c, and disenchants into an (you guessed it) Abyss Crystal.