- IGN AU (86/100): "We just wish Monolith had produced a slightly more progressive or challenging backdrop for the horror that is this game's mojo. It's absolutely worth playing, but that's the difference between a game that scores 9+ and a game that scores 8.6."
- Game Informer (84/100): "While the multiplayer is weak and the mood won't make people forget Dead Space any time soon, the solid action core makes it worth a play."
- PlayStation: The Official Magazine (80/100): "F.E.A.R. 2 emerges as an effective, entertaining FPS with a chiller story element, rather than a real survival horror shooter...Play with the lights dimmed, and don't be surprised if you end up squealing (on the inside) like a little girl." [Mar 2009, p.67]
- Eurogamer (50/100): "If you've never played a first-person shooter before, you'll probably be in love - this is as archetypal a corridor-shooter as has ever been made, and there's a reason why it works. But for anyone who's been running down corridors with shotguns for most of their adult life, this is so uninspired that you worry for the spark of Monolith's soul. You guys made "No One Lives Forever," remember? You're smart. You're better than this."
Source - Metacritic: F.E.A.R. 2 (PS3)
Source - Metacritic: F.E.A.R. 2 (Xbox 360)
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)
Microsoft Xbox One