The Wolverine GameStop pre-order bonus includes four "exclusive" in-game rooms (and is exclusive to the "Uncaged Edition" for PS3 and Xbox 360, at that). The rooms are separate from the main game, contained within a mysterious laboratory, the Weapon X Area. Players are loaded into a hallway with access to each room. (It doesn't take an "analyst" to predict that this content will become premium DLC, eventually.) You'll find full details of the rooms after the break.
Inside the Weapon X Area you'll encounter:
- The Dismemberment Room: "Using a control panel, this room lets players select various limbs and body parts on a holographic soldier. Once the selections are locked in, the soldier appears in a tiled room viewed through a glass wall. The selected limbs are severed with spectacular results."
- The Environmental Kill Room: "This large room features small set-ups of each of the various environments found within the main game. All of these environments contain sharp objects on which Wolverine can impale his enemies. By pushing a red button, players can teleport in a group of soldiers and hurl them against the sharp objects to see them creatively skewered."
- The Ladder Challenge Room: "Pushing a red button will cause a group of enemies to beam into the room. Each time the red button is pushed, the enemies get tougher and more numerous, laddering up the challenge for Wolverine."
- The Custom Combat Arena: "This huge space lets players select any combination of enemies from within the game, beam them into the arena, and attempt to defeat them. Face ten hulking Leviathans or a blend of towering W.E.N.D.I.G.O. Prototypes, Machete Champions, and Machine gunners."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 365
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)
Microsoft Xbox One