The first game to be developed under the Pub Fund agreement is Burn Zombie Burn (pictured), available today on the PlayStation Store. The Pub Fund will entitle developers to financial assistance, without having to sacrifice their IPs. "This is not Sony buying your product," Eden noted. "You'll be the publisher, you'll own the IP and you'll control your product. This is assisting you to make your next step from developer to publisher."
We're not sure what the fine print entails, but Pub Fund sounds like an overall "win" for developers. Developers -- if you want to work with Sony, you may want to contact them at email@example.com.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25