In addition, the patent application states that the car could be used for an "augmented reality" racing game in which the game recognizes real objects as elements in the racing game. Basically, you build your own track from stuff around the house.
The only thing we can't figure out about this patent is why it's not a real product yet. Why is nobody selling us this right now? If Sony really wants the PSP to succeed, here's how to do it. A pink PSP and a Hannah Montana game aren't going to be any significant competition for the DS. But a remote-controlled spy car is, because that is awesome.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 108
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Screen size 4.3 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Camera External (1.3 megapixels)
- Dimensions 71.4 x 169.4 x 18.6 in
- Weight 6.67 oz
- Discontinued 2008-10-15