Happy Tuesday Morning, everyone. We're expecting a short downtime this morning, 5 AM - 11 AM Pacific. Patch 3.1.2 probably won't go live quite yet what with the new build on the PTR, so hopefully this will be a relatively smooth downtime. As always, the downtimes is great time to catch up on the news from the past week, and there were a few good stories that broke over the past 7 days.
The biggest news was the epic tale of Karatechop. From Armory sleuthing, we discovered that he'd been one-shotting Ulduar thanks to a GM Item. Blizzard shut down his account and the accounts of most of his guild, and he talked to us about it. The debate on what he should have done rages on. Of course, if you've had your fill of Martin Fury, we have more for you to browse: Hot News and Features
- Oh yeah, that whole Children's Week thing is going on, too. You'll want this guide to the achievements. And since School of Hard Knocks is sort of annoying to everyone involved, you'll probably want this seperate guide to that achievement.
- Lowered Expectations has a pretty insightful interview with Ghostcrawler.
- Blizzard's once again given us a slight peek behind the theorycrafting curtain, this time with an explanation of Val'anyr's proc.
- As we mentioned, Patch 3.1.2 is on the PTR, and there are premades. There's also new Argent mounts and the Equipment Manager.
- Encrypted Text studies the logic and accuracy of Rogue Idioms.
- Rossi discusses drop luck for Warriors.
- Mages gets some welcome news for 3.1.2 as Mirror Images get smarter.
- Innervate got a little bit of a nerf.
- The Ulduar nerfs are rolling in, and will continue to roll in. In fact, you should expect another round soon.
- If you think Algalon is shiny, wait til you see some of his loot.
- Blizzard continues to tweak their raid instance notification system to prevent you from being saved to an instance when you don't want to be.
- WoW Rookie discusses doing business in the Trade channel.
- Time is Money discusses farming Sholozar Basin.
- This is picture proof:
GothGnome Girls rock.
- Curse's add-on client now has a premium paid edition.
- It looks like Blizzard is starting to shut down independent WoW iPhone apps. Could this mean they want in the app business, or do they just want to protect their IP?
- It seems to us that Activision-Blizzard stock is looking like a good buy these days, but don't take our word for it. No, seriously, don't. We're not the Motley Fool here, people.
- With the right addon, you can twitter from Warcraft without alt-tabbing. You lazy bum.