The PlayStation Controller will work in conjunction with the PlayStation Eye, which will capture movements of the motion controller for "true one-to-one tracking." Sony showed off a variety of tech demos for use of the motion controller, including sword swinging fantasy, tank-based third-person shooting, archery, tennis and drawing -- all of which are meant only to demonstrate what is possible with the motion controller and is not the final software for the new peripheral (Those looking for a PS Sports title, sorry).
The developers made it quite clear that the controller itself is still a prototype, though the final product should be ready by 2010. Check out our on-going Sony E3 Liveblog for even more details.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25