Mount changes in Patch 3.2 were probably the biggest news. Not only will we be getting most mounts earlier, but normal flying mounts will gain a pretty sizable speed boost. Of course, this also means that class travel abilities will come earlier as well. And while we're on the whole faster transportation thing, we'll also see new portals to the Dark Portal for both sides, and a new Thunder Bluff Zeppelin for the Horde. And as long as we're on the subject, if you're looking to get a new flying mount because of the Patch 3.2 changes, remember that Mei Francis in Dalaran can hook you up.
But there were also a few other big stories and interesting happenings going on in the WoW community this week, and since we're coming up on some downtime from 5 AM to 11 AM pacific this morning, you should have plenty of time to read all about it right here on WoW.com. You'll find our usual 7-day roundup below:
Hot News and Features
- Isle of Conquest details have been released. Prepare for the thrill of Alterac Valley combined with Arathi Basin and Wintergrasp!
- Don't fall victim to account theft. Let us get you up to speed on how to avoid some of the most popular scamming methods.
- E3 has come and gone, and while Blizzard wasn't there, there's still a few things WoW players might like to know.
- Shamans got first crack at the new class Q&A series, and of course, Totem Talk had stuff to say.
- Mountain Dew Battlebots are now live. Get yours before they're gone. If nothing else, it's one more pet toward that fawn, right? Offer only valid in the USA, sorry international readers.
- You still have time to enter our Dirty Jobs of Azeroth contest, with prizes courtesy of Geeky Clean.
- Encrypted Text has yet more Ulduar Rogue raiding advice.
- Warriors get some more Ulduar advice this week as well.
- Arcane Brilliance really hates Bubble Man.
- Scattered Shots reminds Hunters to think twice about that next gear upgrade.
- Some Hunter talents are still acting pretty screwy lately, says The Hunter's Mark.
- Sorry, stubborn old school Druids. The old cat and bear forms will be gone completely in patch 3.2.
- Check out some of the latest hotfixes, including the dread Vindication nerf. There were also a few Ulduar boss nerfs recently hotfixed in.
- Speaking of Ulduar bosses, Ready Check brings a guide to the Flame Leviathan encounter this week.
- Also in Ulduar boss news, we have another round of Algalon firsts to report.
- Officers' Quarters begs us to remember the normal raiders.
- Addon Spotlight discusses addons for Raid Leaders.
- Could the Brewfest Mount be the next up for the holiday achievement nerf-fest?
- WoW Rookie discusses getting the most out of your hearthstone.
- Insider Trader continues analyzing the profession-specific buffs.
- Leveling on a PvP realm? We have some help for you.
- WoW Casually asks a question both simple and complex: What is casual?
- ShrinkGeek recently sat down with us and talked about fitness for nerds.
- Still wondering about Authenticators? We answered another batch of Authenticator questions.
- Could the Maelstrom be our next expansion? There's plenty of lore to work with.
- In news that is not technically about WoW but is still somewhat WoW related, our good friends at sister site Massively have a WoW player's guide to Free Realms, the free-to-play MMO that's getting a lot of nice buzz and decent subscriber numbers besides.