It's an Undead flesh feast inside this week's Two Bosses Enter Thunderdome: Salramm the Fleshcrafter of The Culling of Stratholme versus Svala Sorrowgrave of Utgarde Pinnacle. The Fleshcrafter veritably tooled Drakos the Interrogator (The Oculus) in his first-round matchup, fleshing out a solid win that carried him into this round. His opponent, Svala Sorrowgrave, defeated The Prophet Tharon'ja (Drak'Tharon Keep) by a wide margin in her own first-round match.
Here are the ground rules for this week's second-round Salramm-versus-Svala matchup:
- Assume that the opponents along with their collected minions share similar levels, health pools and comparative overall damage output.
- This deathmatch takes place in neutral territory, but this shall not hinder either boss from using his or her usual encounter abilities. Yes, this means Svala gets an altar or some means with which to work her sacrificial magic.
- All the usual minions will be available to each boss.
- Don't get caught up in gameplay mechanics and what actual players might do in each encounter.
- Don't neglect style, story and scale.
Salramm the Fleshcrafter (The Culling of Stratholme)
You are too late, champion of Lordaeron. The dead shall have their day.
Salramm the Fleshcrafter, the second boss found in The Culling of Stratholme, is a Human Necromancer. He is known for his explosive summons – in this case, ghouls.
Salramm the Fleshcrafter's battle style, and review insights from players who've fought him.
Svala Sorrowgrave (Utgarde Pinnacle)
My liege! I have done as you asked, and now beseech you for your blessing!
Svala Sorrowgrave, the first boss of Utgarde Pinnacle, is a Vrykul who is being transformed by the Lich King himself into a Val'kyr just as you enter her room. She periodically sacrifices an opponent on her altar, held in place by three summoned Ritual Channelers who must be killed to release the victim.
What makes this fight different from the one you are used to as a player is that Sorrowgrave may find herself turned into a skeleton before she can put her opponent on the altar. What happens then?
Svala Sorrowgrave's battle tactics and review comments from players who've fought her.
Remember: no player-tactic or game-mechanic nitpicking. Vote for the spirit of the battle as set forth above. Set aside differences in opponents' health pools, game level and actual damage output. It's style and technique that make the difference.
Who wins - and why? Post your reasoning, and let's come up with what goes down.