Though online portals to major European retailers have yet to reflect the claim, the price for a Wii is reported to drop by €50 across Europe, bringing the total cost to €199, according to GamesIndustry.biz. Unfortunately, it appears that the price cut won't bridge the gap of the English Channel, as the discount is reportedly confirmed for all of Europe except for the UK.
Nintendo officially dropped the price of its console in the US late Wednesday night (during Sony's TGS press conference, those scoundrels!), leaving us wondering why Europe, a key market, was left out of the equation -- until now. With no price cut yet announced for the UK though, that rumored bundle seems all the more likely.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19