Happy Saturday, everyone! We're celebrating the arrival of another weekend like the beautiful and unique snowflakes (not at all like Borg
) we are. In addition to the not at all unique question of what the Massively team is playing this weekend, we've also asked what features in their favorite games they'd like to see implemented elsewhere. Curious to see what the team had to say (hint: Borg weren't on anyone's list) or add your own opinions into the mix? Read on!
- Brendan Drain (@nyphur): After some unfriendly people in EVE Online dropped a dreadnought into our wormhole system last night, we've decided to upgrade our home defenses. This week we're building carriers inside the system to be used in case of another invasion. I'm also contemplating resubscribing to World of Warcraft as a few friends have signed up recently. Bonus question: I'd love to see more MMOs adopting EVE Online's open-world PvP style. It would be interesting to see it worked into more settings.
- Dan O'Halloran: Working through the Mirkwood Epic questline in LotRO with my Lore-master and grinding out some more Tailoring rep so I can make crafted relics for my guildies. Still playing Plants vs. Zombies on my iPhone day and night. Plowing through my 60s on my Fury in EQ2 to get to Kunark, then Odus content. Mechanic I'd like to see in WoW: The cosmetic items UI from LotRO and EQ2 that allows you to equip a second set of armor for its appearance and not its stats. For all other games: WoW's random Dungeon Finder tool.
- Eliot Lefebvre: I've been having the week from hell, so much so that all I really want is to relax. I'm thinking of kicking back with WoW's dungeon finder and some robot masterminding in CoH, and hopefully recharge enough for the big news coming out of Square on Sunday. If I could get a game with WoW's pace of combat and ability diversity, FFXI's immersion and multiple jobs, and CoH's cosmetic control and content scaling? Oh yeah.
- Seraphina Brennan (@sera_brennan): This weekend is bowling with a group of friends and getting some combat time in with MAG. After the last patch, I'm itching to really see if the weapon balance has gotten any better. If SVER's sniper rifle has finally gone down in power or accuracy, it would be a blessed day. Other than that, it might be over to EQII for some more intense leveling, and perhaps even a dinner at Chili's. Who knows?
- Kyle Horner (@kylehorner): Star Trek Online and some more Heavy Rain are on my schedule this weekend. Bonus question: I'd like to see the class switching system from FFXI in WoW or just more MMOs in general.
- Krystalle Voecks (@Krystalle): Hoping to get in some Age of Conan and EverQuest II between a lot of rehearsals! As for game mechanics, I think the sidekick/exemplar mechanic from City of Heroes/Villains is 100% awesome, and it needs to be put into every single MMO out there that doesn't have a system like this already. Nobody likes being the noob running around alone, and it's boring being the only one at the highest levels. Having the ability to sidekick someone up to your level, or exemplar your character down to their level means you can always group with your friends, fighting level-appropriate battles.
- Lisa Poisso (@emused): Continuing a month-long stroll down memory lane with EverQuest, plus scrambling about in EverQuest II and Fallen Earth. But mostly EQ2, because what the world needs is more bards. Bards, bards, bards. And dirges. Bards and dirges.
- Rubi Bayer (@Rubi_): A +20% XP event in DDO along with a designated lowbie night in my guild means my Rogue will be getting some love. I'm anxious to spend some time exploring the Guild Wars skill update as well. After that, it's a toss-up between LotRO (my Minstrel really needs some attention) and Runes of Magic (ditto with my Mage). Bonus question is easy. My needs are few. My Guild Wars Elementalist can take down any horrible creature you throw at her, but she is defeated and helpless in the face of a six-inch-high ledge. Give the poor girl the ability to jump, please!
- Tateru Nino (@taterunino ): Playing catchup after a long sick period. Meetings in Second Life, some Red Faction Guerilla, and hopefully some time to work on a few SL creative projects. Bonus question: I'd love to see something like Frenzoo's clothing creator in Second Life, actually. It's very clever.
So, that's what we're
doing this weekend -- now it's your turn. What are you playing this weekend