Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K, addressed the switch to a first-person perspective in a press release: "Players will explore the world of XCOM from an immersive new perspective and experience firsthand the fear and tension of this gripping narrative ride."
According to the release, players will assume the role of an FBI agent "tasked with identifying and eliminating the growing threat" from an "unknown enemy." If the story stays true to the original franchise, expect aliens, global conflict, and lots and lots of dead, incinerated humans.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 365
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Microsoft Xbox One