This week's announcement that XCOM is being re-imagined as an FPS was met with ... concern. It worked for Fallout 3, so we're not willing to join the pessimism parade just yet. Although, we're certainly not going to argue if Take-Two ends up asking Firaxis to make a new "real" X-COM. That's not a bad idea, eh?
What's everyone playing this weekend?
- Alexander Sliwinski (@XanderSliwinski): Still must play Heavy Rain. But I know I'll play Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
- Andrew Yoon (@scxzor): Sleep is Death is probably the only game I'll have time to explore this weekend.
- Ben Gilbert (@BigBossBgilbert): I'm playing Celebrate Griffin's Day of Birth: The Game! The gameplay consists mostly of finding really strange YouTube clips and using obscure, $10 words to cover the video game industry. It's a lot like Yar's Revenge.
- Christopher Grant (@ChrisGrant): This is more of a meta-game: Guess how many more hours I can stand of Final Fantasy XIII's wretched opening hours (12+ so far!) before I give up. I'm getting close, right? I have to be getting close.
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle): I've been deep in the shadows of Splinter Cell: Conviction, stalking all of its fun. Aside from that, I'm just starting out in Metro 2033 and plan on progressing in that this weekend.
- Griffin McElroy (@griffinmcelroy): Tomorrow's my birthday, so I'll probably be playing all the hot new games you guys bought for me. Right, guys? All those games?
- James Ransom-Wiley: Creepin' with Conviction.
- JC Fletcher (@jcfletcher) I'm going to be playing a fake old game (3D Dot Game Heroes) and a real old game (Final Fight).
- Justin McElroy (@JustinMcElroy): Sleep is Death is pretty much the only game I care about anymore. Dude, it's every game.
- Kevin Kelly (@gadgetguy): Still determined to raise my ranking in the Starcraft 2 beta before they wipe everything so I can come back and pwn noobs. The only problem is that I'm the noob that keeps getting pwned. Also, I put Borderlands back in and boy am I happy about that.
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): I am going to complete all of these games: Final Fantasy XIII, Metro 2033, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Just Cause 2, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. How many days in a weekend?
- Mike Schramm (@MikeSchramm): More Final Fantasy XIII. That's all I got. It's a long game.
- Randy Nelson (@DangerPenguin) My lady friend just got herself an Xbox Live Gold account, so I'll be playing one of the most difficult games I know: Who Gets to Play on the Big TV?
- Richard Mitchell (@SenseiRAM): In no particular order: Bad Company 2, The Longest Journey, Final Fight: Double Impact, Mass Effect 2. Also, Justin has me started on Sleep is Death. I'm delightfully intrigued.
- Xav de Matos (@Xav): Final Fight: Double Impact, Sam & Max: The Penal Zone and something else will be keeping me A.Wake this weekend.