The NYT doesn't have the scoop on pricing, but a web subscription to the service will run you between $100 and $120 annually, or $20 to $25 per month, depending on the features. Count on more details when the official announcement drops. Sony has been considering new subscription services for PSN since the end of last year.
Update: Here's the official release, though it doesn't have much new info. The PS3 app will be free, according to PlayStation Blog, but it requires an MLB.TV subscription to stream games.
[Thanks, Ryan G.]
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25