Thanks to the generosity of the fellows at CCP, we were able to increase the number of winners from 5 to 10. Congratulations go to EVE players Agara Mnemion, Aurum Pax, Banana Ninja, driv4r, Garnoo, Ice Monster, Lamthara Lachesis, paritybit, SpiroTris and Vladmir Skef. Each of you will soon have a 30 day pilot's license delivered in-game by CCP. For those interested in seeing the winning screenshots, they're the first ten images in the colossal 114 entry gallery below.
Skip past the cut for this week's second part of our amazing Tyrannis contest trilogy. Think up a funny caption for our screenshot and you could win two months of EVE game time!
UPDATE: Winners announced at the end of the post! All winners will be emailed to arrange delivery of their prizes.
This week we've got even more game time to be won with 15 pilot's licenses on the table. To be in with a chance to win this week, all you have to do is think up a funny caption for our screenshot (click image to the right) and drop it in the comments below. It could be something funny that the pilot of a ship in the image might be saying or just a general tag-line that sums the scene up in a hilarious way.
If you're comfortable giving out the name of one of your EVE characters, please add it to your comment so we know who to give the prize to if you win. If you're not, just be sure to use a valid email address as this is how we'll contact you to arrange receipt of your prize.
You can submit as many caption ideas as you'd like but remember that it's quality that counts, not quantity. Take time to ensure your entries are as creative and funny as possible to improve your chances of winning. Our five favourite captions will each win the top prize of two PLEX worth around 320 million ISK each and rising. Five runner-up prizes of one PLEX are available for our next five favourite entries. That's ten chances to win, so get your thinking caps on.
- The contest is open to players from any country.
- The deadline for entering is Thursday 13th May at 8PM EDT.
- Entrants will require an active EVE Online account to receive the prize.
- Entries should be left in the comments of this post.
- You may include the character name you wish to receive the prize on in your comment. Do NOT include your EVE account name with your entry, we only need a character name. We will also never ask you for your password.
- If you don't include your character name in your comment, you MUST use a valid email address to comment. If you win, I will email you at that address to get the name of the EVE character you wish to receive the prize on.
- To ensure everyone's prizes are delivered in a timely manner, any winner that doesn't give me their character name before Friday 21st May will unfortunately have to forfeit their prize.
- The character names of the winners will then be sent to CCP Games, who will deliver your prizes in-game.
- The contest will be judged by the Massively staff. The winners will be our ten favourite captions based on creativity and general humour.
- If two or more captions are very similar, we reserve the right to choose which gets the prize. We will typically go for the one that was posted first but may choose a later one if we think it's worded better.
- The contest is not open to current or former employees of Massively or AOL/Weblogs, Inc.
- Massively will announce the winners in this post at the end of the contest period.
UPDATE: The contest has ended and winners have been chosen! Congratulations to the following readers:
First prize winners (2 PLEX each):
Andrew Riviera - "Where's Waldo?"
MvngTrgt - "Boldly Going Nowhere"
Cadalancea - "One does not simply...jump...into Jita. There is a lag there, that does not sleep."
Hashmir - "If you discount it, they will come."
De10ter - "A toll gate!? Someone's going to need to go back for a butload of quarters!"
Runner-up prize winners (1 PLEX each):
garnoo - "I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done" /Henry Ford
Baash - "On october 6. the universe blacked out for 2 minutes and 58 seconds. The whole world saw the future."
Bang! - "New Eden's newest trend, bump moshing, has caught the attention of Concord."
Ghoam - "Behold-- the rare freighter mating ritual captured for the first time in the wild."
mandrill - Gate camping: You're doing it wrong.