I'll just let Chase launch us off with what he's playing and his favorite in-game reference:
Chase Christian (@madsushi): I actually won't be playing anything this weekend; my wedding is on Sunday and I'd like to keep it that way. My favorite in-game reference is definitely the LOST hatch in Sholazar.
All of our weekends seem pretty dull by comparison, and the rest of this week's WRUP is mostly a chain of variously formatted grats of the sort you expect whenever someone dings. However, I think Matthew Rossi said it most eloquently: Hey, grats to Chase! For a dirty rogue and a stinky paladin you're all right. Best of luck to you both.
But, no, seriously, all of WoW.com sends their best wishes to Chase and his soon-to-be spouse. Despite the fact that most of us have terribly boring weekend plans in comparison, you're welcome to read on for what the rest of the team is playing this weekend -- and what our favorite in-game references are. And as always, we look forward to hearing what you're up to in the comments.
- Adam Holisky (@adamholisky): I have this weekend all to myself. And while a lot of it will be spent working, I hope to finish off my rogue and bring her to 80. My favorite in-game pop culture references are by far all the ones connected to Star Trek. LLAP.
- Allison Robert (@AllisonRobert): I've had some nasty lag in the game this past week and have no idea what's causing it, so I'm probably back to leveling alts' professions because it's the only thing I can do without lagging my way to a graveyard every 5 minutes. However, I've managed to get my warrior's Engineering to 425, and damn if that isn't the most fun so far. As for favorite pop culture reference, one of the first things I ever did for the site was a gallery on 25 Burning Crusade Easter eggs, and my favorite is still K. Lee Smallfry, the gnome master engineering trainer in Telredor.
- Anne Stickney (@Shadesogrey): I'll be hoping enough people show on Sunday to finish the ICC25 raid we've got going - summer always proves a distraction for attendance. As for references, I've always been a fan of Saffron Reynolds, the Alliance poison supply vendor in Grizzly Hills.
- Amy Schley (@wowlawbringer): Bar prep is starting to consume my life, but I want to push my resto shammy to 60 before I have to go into withdrawal, probably in 3 weeks or so. Also, getting my banking guild vault up to 10K G doing nothing but selling the stuff I get leveling has become a secondary goal. We're at 9.2K now, 5K of that in the last month.
- Basil Berntsen (@outdps): I'll be barbecuing. My favorite in game reference is "it goes to 11."
- Daniel Whitcomb (@danielwhitcomb): I got unexpectedly sucked back into playing my Blood Elf retribution paladin, so I'm going to keep on keeping on with him. I just got him tier 9 shoulders and the axe off of Loken in heroic Halls of Lightning, and I think I'll take some time to get him at least one more piece of tier 9 and maybe a few runs of ToC or the ICC 5-mans, if I can get his gear upgraded enough for it.
- Dawn Moore (@dawnwow): The Adventures of no air conditioning! Real world PvE! I will also be doing audio editing and PvP.
- Elizabeth Harper (@faience): I'm thinking this weekend's an ideal time to go /afk with a good book -- even though I have a lot of catching up to do on Choose My Adventure. Favorite reference is absolutely the Ultrasonic Screwdriver, which I cannot get, because I am Horde. Woe!
- Fox Van Allen (@foxvanallen): It doesn't matter what I'm doing this weekend. I can't top getting married. Nor can I top Haris Pilton's hole.
- Joe Perez (@Lodurzj): I'll be finishing up Alan Wake this weekend and playing a little more SC2 beta. I also happened to get my hands on the Dresden Files table-top RPG books so I will likely be starting my game world for that system up with my friends. As far as my favorite pop culture reference it is a three-way tie between the sewer shark named "Segacedi" in the Dalaran sewers, the Mark "S" Boomstick and The Big Lebowski references in Howling Fjord with Donny, Walt and Lebronski. I mean, the rug really did tie the camp together man.
- Kelly Aarons (@Cadistra): Gonna keep on 'dem Argent Tourney dailies. I might also get another piece of T10..? Holding off on fixing Steam, as my harddrive is on it's last legs. Also, lots of Miles Edgeworth on my DS. Mmm-mm. In-game reference? The Tenacious Defender. It has the power...to move you. LOVE IT.
- Lisa Poisso (@emused): I'm tossing anything in the Computer Stuff bin that hasn't been used in more than a year to the wolves with a garage sale this weekend. (Mmm, early-morning donut runs ...) Our recycling bin is literally filled with MMO game boxes and guides that nobody's ever glanced at -- now, all the jewel cases fit politely into a single organizer bin. Then I'm going to sit back and enjoy spreading my stuff out onto those fresh, empty shelves!
- Mathew McCurley (@gomatgo): Coming off the Bloodbathed frostbrood meta bonanza this week, I think WoW is now going to be about trying to put together a 25 man Ironbound proto run. This weekend is Molten Core soloing and rep grinds. The best cultural references for me in the game are the dances. I think it's telling about each expansion about what was popular when they were being made and what the developers think are culturally relevant.
- Matthew Rossi (@matthewwrossi): In game I'm grinding up emblems for my Tauren. He may not be as well geared as my draenei, but he's got heart. Best in game reference is Tseric's memorial in Hellfire Peninsula.
- Rich Maloy (@stoneybaby): Going to The Meatball Shop despite the predicted rain for the weekend. In game, of course there will be lots and lots of raiding plus reviewing some guild policies with my officers. My favorite pop-culture reference is the Power Converter. After all it's the next best thing to going to the Academy.
- Robin Torres (@cosmiclaurel): And the WRUP curse continues! So, I'm not going to say what I'm playing over the weekend anymore. I'll be playing games this weekend and probably lots of them. But no more will I jinx my fun by announcing it in advance. Also, I refuse to choose a favorite in-game pop culture reference. Instead I will just highlight one of my many favorites: The Kessel Run. ... I should probably wait to answer these things after I've had my tea.
- Tyler Caraway (@murmursofadrid): I'll be spending my time mopping that I was ditched for an anime convention which totally baffles me. To get over my depression, I'll probably release my aggression upon the unsuspecting Alliance in a romp across WSG, AB, and IoC (Hey, I like that map!) I am still oddly bemused by Haris Pilton, plus I enjoy the fashion chats that we have with each other. How would I keep up on the latest trends without her?
The weekend is the perfect time to kick back, relax and enjoy some game time. Are you an achievement junkie? Can't get enough raiding? Rolling a new alt? Considering taking the leap into roleplaying? Whatever your favorite way to play World of Warcraft, let us know in the comments what you're playing this weekend!