"Because unauthorized channels or firmware may impair game play or the Wii console, updating to Wii Menu version 4.3 will check for and automatically remove such unauthorized files," Nintendo says on its support site, repeating a message found in every firmware update . "In addition, there are some behind the scenes enhancements that do not affect any prominently-used features or menus but will improve system performance."
Improved system performance is always a good thing, of course, but the text makes it sound like this is secondary to the main goal of taking another pass at everyone's Wiis to search for unauthorized software.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 328
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19