The internet can breathe again. Earlier today Blizzard announced that they will not be requiring real names to post on the official Blizzard forums, and the blogosphere in response breathed a huge sigh of relief. Here's a whole mess of thank-you's and other notes regarding the decision from various bloggers:
- The Pink Pigtail Inn asks if the wounds can be healed.
- Empowered Fire is pretty giddy about the results.
- Achtung Panzercow says "Yub Yub." That's Ewok for "We won."
- Geek Girl Diva has a short and sweet note to Blizzard.
- Lorehound asks what we learned from all of this.
- Warcraftic discusses the Warcraft community and communication.
- Mana Obscura gives us their thoughts on the power of the fans.
- HuskyStarcraft recorded a video response to the notice about the decision.
- Can we go back to just killing internet dragons now? I think so.